Friday, April 17, 2009

Lhasa, The People's Republic of Tibet- Nury Televaldi

Today I interviewed Nury Televaldi. He was a smuggler of peoples and goods. He had many interesting things to tell me. He says he helped smuggle people across borders illegally, on planes and such. He claims that some of the people he smuggled brought people that were tied up, does this sound like these people could have been zombies? Could Nury possibly be one of the reasons that the infection has spread globally? He didn't really have a hard time telling me these things. I don't think he really cares whether or not what he's done is bad or not. I wonder if he realizes what he's responsible for, the death of thousands across the world, and all to make a  money. This man is lucky that he didn't get infected himself. He also says that people were in search of a cure in the western part of the world, most of the infected he smuggled were coming from places like China. Does this mean the west might have a cure in the making? I have heard of none such thing. Let's just hope that Nury realizes what he is responsible for and doesn't make matters worse for the rest of us just to make more money, after all, money is useless when you turn into a zombie yourself. 

5 comments:

Daniel Marquez said...

I agree that he was one reason that the infection moved more quickly around the world but if he didn't I'm sure we would be dead right now. If no one took the infection out of China, since the government was trying to hide the problem, everyone in China would have become a zombie so the zombies would form some sort of army. If he and other illigal smugglers hadn't carried those passangers, the world wouldn't have found out about the zombies until they saw huge, unstopable, numbers going after them. So, I think that he, unknowingly, saved everyones lives.

Ryan Tomita said...

I think that his transporting of infected people is what spread the infection. However, I believe that the infection would have spread no matter what. I believe that at first, Nury didn’t think it was going to be that big of a deal, but after overland smuggling became more and more popular, he made more and more money. Transporting of infected people wouldn’t even cross his mind; He does illegal smuggling already, so something unethical and damaging isn’t going to make him think twice. I don’t have a good feel for Nury, but if he was any kind of sensible human being, he would look back on what he did and regret it. In regards to the cure, I highly doubt that there was a cure because not a lot of people knew about it anyways.

Chris Barney said...

I also believe that illegally smuggling people across borders helped the spread of disease all over, especially seeing that many cases were so small at the time of smuggling, it was almost impossible to tell. I don't think that he has any remorse, I feel that all he wanted was money, and once he got his money it wasn't his problem, at least that's his opinion.

Chris Cohn said...

I would have to agree that he contributed to spreading the infectionm, but I don't think he contributed significantly. If he didn't smuggle the people across then other people would have. Also, there were many other ways of smuggling. For example by sea or by air. I did, however, agree with how big of a risk he took just for money.

Ian Moser said...

I agree that he did help spread the infection across the world, but what i dont understand is why people would b sending their loved ones across seas for a cure. i dont see why other countries would have a cure because they do not have this problem and have not put any effort into a cure for an infection that doesn't exist in that part of the world...yet